Wine, wellness and indulgence
Like a good wine, our hotel brings mind, body and soul into harmony. Our aim is to ensure that by the time you leave, you are well fed, well rested and brimming with inspiration. That’s why we put so much thought into the design of Sonnenhotel Weingut Römmert. Numerous special details, abundant light, warm colours and the constant connection to wine and to our traditional region, the Franconian wine country, help to make a holiday with us a unique experience. Our team is on hand to make you feel right at home with our exquisite delicacies, good wines and fascinating stories.
Take a virtual tour of the Vineyard Hotel and winery!
Enjoy a blissful night’s rest at the Vineyard Hotel
With our unique rooms and suites within touching distance of the vineyard, you can enjoy complete tranquillity away from the hustle and bustle of the city. And ‘unique’ is certainly the right word because each one features its own colourful artwork by artist and designer Ameli Neureuther. Wine bottles have been transformed into practical room fittings by interior designer Silvana Gutjahr. This makes every room its own quirky hideaway.
- 104 rooms, most with balcony or terrace
- 6 wine barrel suites (planned)
- Exclusive, high-end furnishings
- Comfy box spring beds
- Large choice of pillows
- View of the vineyard or the winery
Energise your body and soul
As a wellness hotel, we know what’s good for you. Take a soothing massage, indulge in a selection of beauty treatments with premium wine cosmetics, do lengths in the large indoor/outdoor pool, or recharge your batteries in one of our saunas. We also have exclusive chill-out areas, with water beds in some cases, and a large roof terrace where you can switch off and unwind.
- Massages, beauty treatments, hand and foot care
- Wellness baths, soundwave bath
- Indoor/outdoor pool
- Finnish sauna, bio sauna, aromatherapy steam bath and infrared sauna
- Fitness studio
- Chill-out zones with water beds
- Sunny roof terrace with view of the vineyards
Discover the foods of Franconia
Our team at the spacious 1917 restaurant invites you to enjoy local Franconian specialities and expertly selected wines. Take a voyage of culinary discovery and let our team of chefs wow you with their exquisite creations. Let the stress of everyday life drift away as you enjoy sunset on the sun terrace.
- Large restaurant area with sun terrace
- Franconian specialities and wines from the adjoining Römmert winery
- Breakfast and brunch
- À la carte menu or buffet
- Celebrations, gala buffet, coffee and cake
Conferences at the Vineyard Hotel
We organise memorable seminars, conferences and events at Sonnenhotel Weingut Römmert We combine cutting-edge conference technology with nutritious culinary treats and an unforgettable wine experience. With more camaraderie, more mingling and more enjoyment, a conference at our hotel is one that the participants will never forget. Inspiration and relaxation on the side add up to memorable workshops and conferences. Welcome to your conference hotel in Volkach on the River Main!
- Customisable conference and meeting rooms for 10 to 190 people
- High-end conference equipment incl. music system, TV, video, data projector, free Wi-Fi
- Gourmet breaks with brain food, business lunches or revitalising specialty coffees
- Incentive events, team-building exercises and social programs around the theme of wine (exclusive tours of the winery, walks on the wine discovery trail, wine sampling, wine seminars)
Römmert’s Wine World
Our name says it all: the Römmert winery, with over 100 years of history, is located directly across from the hotel. Discover the history of the house in the Wine World and taste the exquisite produce of the Volkacher winery. Our wine store is also quite the experience, with the finest wines showcased in our own unique way. Immerse yourself in the world of wine, right in the heart of Franconian wine country!
- Traditional winery with modern wine cellar
- Wine store
- Multi-sensory wine museum
- Wine tasting, tours, wine seminars
is a very special place with a very unique charisma: in the middle of the vineyards and right beside the traditional Rommert winery, the combination of tradition and modernity and the Franconian way of life can be felt immediately.