Active holidays and food-lovers’ breaks in the Ore Mountains
Discover the Ore Mountains with a break at Sonnenhotel Hoher Hahn in Schwarzenberg. Surrounded by nature on all sides, we are the perfect starting point for a hiking holiday in the Ore Mountains, for mountain bike and bicycle tours or simply for relaxing walks. For sporty holidaymakers, our on-site tennis court is an attractive summer option, while in winter guests can make use of the cross-country ski tracks and pistes right on our doorstep. After an active day, you can indulge yourself in our restaurant with classic Ore Mountain fare and international dishes.
Start planning your active break in the Ore Mountains now with a virtual tour of your accommodation!
Active holiday in the Ore Mountains
Hiking, cycling, mountain biking, walking, golfing, tennis and skiing: the impressive surroundings of the Ore Mountains tempt you to get out and explore the great outdoors. Surrounded by nature at the edge of the Schwarzenberg, our hotel is the perfect base for an active break. Set out right from our doorstep after breakfast – no travelling needed.
- Hiking trails and mountain bike/cycling routes directly from the hotel
- Westerzgebirge Golf Course (only 17 km away)
- Tennis court on site (free for guests)
- Winter sports: Cross-country skiing, ski pistes and lift directly at hotel
Traditional Ore Mountain cuisine – perfect for food lovers!
Our restaurant team in Schwarzenberg will spoil you with typical Ore Mountain cooking. Enjoy Ore Mountain cuisine – simple and delicious and made with local ingredients. Our menu also features international dishes for those who fancy something different. Enjoy Ore Mountain hospitality to the fullest at Sonnenhotel Hoher Hahn.
- Restaurant and conservatory
- Sun terrace, bar, fireplace room
- Breakfast buffet with Ore Mountain specialities
- Half board with alternating buffet or local and seasonal menus
Wellness in the Ore Mountains
After an active day in the great outdoors, revive your tired muscles and weary bones in our wellness area. Swimming pool, sauna and Turkish bath open every day. Unwind and let your everyday stresses drift away with a massage or wellness bath.
- Swimming pool
- Finnish sauna and Turkish bath
- Chill-out room with deck chairs
- Beauty and wellness rooms
- Wellness baths (hay flower, almond blossom or sea salt)
A highlight is a meal with typical Erzgebirge cuisine, a fine wine from our well-stocked wine cellar and a fantastic panoramic view of the idyllic Bermsgrün. That's how you can make the most beautiful plans for the next day.